Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 61: Moving Through The City

Day 61:  Tuesday August 5th, 2014.
Chicago, IL.  4.4 miles.

After the BBQ last night, Josh threw my bike in the back of his truck and gave us a ride back to the hotel.  Reluctant to depart this morning, Victoria and I packed up and loaded my bike, checking out of the hotel.  We walked the bike over to Cafe Intelligentsia for one more delicious espresso, before heading to the EL station.  She would take the EL to the Midway airport in preparation for her return flight.  It was really tough to say goodbye.

After she left, I rode back up to Josh's apartment, where I officially ended my last ride before Victoria arrived.  I started my ride there, went to a lunch spot, then to a coffee shop, planning to hang out in Chicago for one more day to get mentally prepared for resuming the bicycle riding.  I ended up a few miles South at a hostel in the loop, where I would stay for the night.  From here, tomorrow I plan to ride South into Indiana to reconnect with the Adventure Cycling bicycle route.

No comments:

Post a Comment